IRIScan Book 3 Windows
- Insert the 3 AAA batteries into the scanner. The cover is on the top where the USB plug is located. There is an "Open ►" embossed into the cover. To access the battery compartment place your thumb on the cover and slide off to the right ¼ inch and then lift the cover free.
- Insert the micro SD card into the scanner with the copper contacts facing up. You should see an SD icon appear on the scanner screen.
There are two scanning methods. Method one is the primarily method of using the product.
- Scan to micro SD card - With the scanner disconnected all scans are stored as JPG or PDF files on the micro SD card plugged into the side of the scanner. These can be opened and processed in the included Readiris software. See pages 3 - 5 in the guide.
- IRIScan Direct - Connect the scanner via the USB cable and use the IRIScan Direct software to scan into a program like Word, Paint etc.. These scans will scan an image into a program with no OCR taking place. See page 7 in the attached guide for more detail on how to operate using the IRIScan Direct software.
Using method One
- Disconnect the USB cable if plugged in.
- Make sure the micro SD is plugged into the side of the scanner.
- Set the format and scan resolution using the buttons on the scanner. As the scan resolution increases the speed with the item can be scanned must be slower or error message will result.
- Position the scanner on the page and press and release the SCAN button.The word SCAN will appear on the LCD screen. Slide the scanner down/across the page and press and release the SCAN button again to end the scan. The counter on the LCD will increment up by one.
Using method two
- The purpose of this tool is to scan a picture to an app that can accept pictures such as Word or Paint or copy the scan to the clipboard to paste into another application. No OCR takes place.
- Right-click on the IRIScan Direct program shortcut and select properties. On the Shortcut Tab Click the advanced button and check the "Run as administrator" check box.
- Connect the scanner to the computer with the USB cable and start the IRIScan Direct software.
- Click on the Gear icon to access the settings.
Horizontal = Scan left to right.
Vertical = Scan top to bottom
- Press and release the scan button on the scanner and scan your page. Press and release again to end the scan.
- The scan will then appear in Word or Paint
The purpose of the software is to convert the JPG or PDF files to Word, searchable PDF or combine multiple images into one output file. Connect the scanner to the computer with the USB cable. The image on the scanners LCD screen will change to a computer. Start the Readiris software. It will detect the images and offer to open them for you.
- To select all the images - Single click on the first image then hold down the shift key and select the last.
- To select some of the images - Single click on the first image then hold down the Ctrl key and select the desired images.
♦ To remove the images from the scanner check the box at the bottom for Delete scans after recognition.
- Set the options for your desired format by clicking the little down arrow and choose Settings.
- Set the options for your desired format by clicking the little down arrow and choose Settings
- If you want a different format click on Other to select the one you want.
- Click on the option you want, DOCX, PDF, XLSX and you will be asked to save the document to your computer.