Poor Excel conversion is usually caused by broken or incomplete grid lines:
- When they are incomplete or broken in the image, then the software does not know what to do with those fragments.
- If they are not present at all or solid and intact, then the conversion works well.
To solve poor Excel conversion:
- Use the Adjust image tool to either darken the lines or eliminate them completely.
- If necessary, rezone the spreadsheet as a table using the Table tool in the Zones tab.
It may be necessary to delete all the zones by clicking the Delete all zones button and starting fresh.
- Set the output to XLSX (Excel). Then click the down arrow beneath XLSX and select Spreadsheet settings. Now set the Layout option to Create body text.
- Go to the SpreadsheetML options tab and check Convert figures into numbers to display number as number and not text.